Monday, 6 August 2012

Happy coincidences...

Almost 4 years ago I was nervously standing in the queue to register as a student at GSA.  I'd played it safe and arrived mid-morning (didn't want to seem too keen, or too relaxed!) only to find myself next to an extremely hung-over lad in dark glasses, breathing alcohol over me! I excused myself and went to the loo!  When I came back, I was standing in front of a pretty, petite, dark haired girl, who thankfully didn't smell of alcohol and was much, much nicer to talk too!  We met for tea the next day and the rest, as they say, is history!

It turned out that she was direct entry into 2nd year photography and so this year, my very good friend Theresa Moerman Ib graduated with a first class honours degree (with distinction!) from Glasgow School of Art - I am so proud of her.

As well as her academic success, her degree show was great (and black!!) and well received, and she has been invited to exhibit her work elsewhere as a result.

Please take a look at her website and go to see her work if you can:

Theresa Moerman Ib

Emergency Exit (c) Theresa Moerman Ib, 2012

The Worst Thing About the Sun (c) Theresa Moerman Ib, 2012

I wish her lots of success - she works so hard and is such an inspiration to me. x


0 comments:

Post a Comment