Monday, 6 August 2012

______________________________________________


That's how it feels - like I ought to be drawing some big fat line across this blog!  A line that represents a new start; in my case, the start of my fourth and, final, year at art school.  To say I'm scared and nervous would be an understatement; I find the whole idea quite terrifying!!

I know I'll be fine, there are just so many emotions tied up in this final year - it's the culmination of a dream I've had since I was 16, it's something I've worked so hard to do well at over the past 3 years, it's something I've given up quite a lot to do and yes, I'm afraid I won't be good enough come degree show time.

However, all my mechanisms and systems are starting to get put in place including deciding to drastically cut back (almost give up!) my business for the last 6 months of my degree.  But in order to do that, I've had to work really hard this summer - not just at business, but have started my dissertation/essay (tbd!) and am beginning to get back into researching some ideas I'd like to progress with once the term starts

And I really need to get blogging again!  I really went off the whole thing towards the end of 3rd year and I'm not sure why.  I'm not going to do my usual 'round-up of all the things I missed' post, but suffice to say 3rd year ended on a very high note and I'm very pleased with the progress I made (internally and externally) and this year's degree show was excellent.

Here's hoping next year's will be just as good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment