Sunday, 30 October 2011

Keep Calm and Carry on!

At least that's what I keep telling myself!  Unfortunately, it's easier said than done when I seem to have been living with an undercurrent of panic and fear for the past couple of weeks.  A wise friend told me recently, that being at university is like having a layer peeled off the world and you begin to see everything brighter, and I know they are right, it's just that I'm kind of being blinded by that brightness right now!

Don't get me wrong, these first few weeks of 3rd year have been amazing, but they have also passed like a whirlwind; I haven't had the chance to really get to grips with everything I'm learning.  And there's so much of it, coming at me from various directions, that I'm afraid I'm missing something really important; something hovering just out of reach that would really mean something if I could just catch hold of it!

But despite the fact that I feel I can't be far from reaching my poor brain's limitations, I know I'm not; if I just following the advice given out in 1939 at the beginning of WWII, I'll boost my morale and be able to continue with my own wee war against knowledge overload!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment