Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Sick ... again!!


Despite last Saturday's attempt to get my head back into gear for the new term, this week has been a bit of a damp squib as they say. Instead of second year at GSA beginning with a flourish of enthusiasm, it's been a rather dismal and half hearted affair as once again I got sick! I can't believe it!! I've been so looking forward to going back and it's been all I could do to get to 2 classes this week and then it's been back to bed. This is the second time this year I've been floored by illness, before that it was something like 2003; my body is maybe trying to tell me something!!!

However, I am looking forward to being well again (although right now that doesn't look like it's going to be any time soon!) and getting to grips with the new project. This term it's all about colour. A very wide brief: anything as long as it's in colour!!

J introduced the project by showing some photographers who use colour particularly well and there were some old favourites (Joel Sternfeld, Stephen Shore, Andreas Gursky etc) as well as some new names that I want to investigate - several that she included were particularly interested in the human effect on the landscape and therefore caught my attention. I think this is definitely becoming a theme with me.

Right now, however, unless it's of underneath my duvet the thought of making a photograph is beyond me!!

1 comments:

Lesley Punton said...

Again? I can't believe how unlucky you are MJ. Get well soon!

Post a Comment