Sunday, 18 April 2010

Ashes and Snow

I think a lot of the time I become so engrossed in looking at the type of images I want to take, that it can be a bit ... I don't know if demoralising is the right word. It's just that looking at industrial buildings, power stations and communication masts can be quite 'hard' on your eyes! Every so often, you need a good dose of beauty to revitalise you.

A friend recommended I take a look at this site and despite my flippant introduction, it's difficult to express how truly beautiful I found these images to be when I first saw them. There is a certain peacefulness and silence to them that I found very moving.





The images are part of an on-going project by Gregory Colbert:
None of the images have been digitally collaged or superimposed. They record what the artist himself saw through the lens of his camera. While Colbert uses both still and movie cameras, the images are not stills from the film.
The animal subjects of the photographs and films include interactions with both wild animals and also those that have been habituated to human contact.
I think Colbert's vision and his images are beautiful and would very much like to see the exhibition in person. Ashes and Snow

0 comments:

Post a Comment