Monday, 15 February 2010

Mid-Term Review

Had my feedback session with Lesley and Jake last week and despite having very little to show for this term, I think it went fine. It was good to be able to talk to Lesley about my 'ah ha/oh oh' moments, rather than exchange emails.

But I think I talk too much!! Back to the H & C disaster!

One big question that came out of the discussion was what I was going to do now about the Layer of Loss project and the answer is, I have have no idea. I don't know where it needs to go. I don't know if it needs to go anywhere?!

It seems to lead/flow into the next project which is 'the body as a site of cultural representation' but I'm not quite sure how yet. Part of the problem I think, will be my interpretation of the brief.

I was particularly interested in Ranjana's lecture last week when she talked about: Where do we fit in? What does it mean to be an individual, who are we, who is this being and what do I have to do with everyone else? I struck a chord with some of the books I was reading after I was separated (The Spiritual Tourist, The Power of Now etc) - trying to find myself as an individual after being in a partnership for so long. This is the emphasis I would like to take but reading through the course materials, it doesn't seem very clear whether I'm on the right track or not.

I was thinking along the lines of 'the sum of all parts'. Taking the time to look at all my old snapshots (as suggested by Jake) I realise that I am a result of all these people, places, events etc (this is nothing new, I have always known this). I am a sum of all these parts. Where I have been, who I have been friends with, loved etc. has led me to being who I am and where I am, now, at this moment. The more I write about it, the more I feel this is the right approach for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment